Best Moisturizers for Acne 2017
- 1 Choosing the Right Product:
- 2 The 5 Best Moisturizers for Acne:
- 3 Neutrogena Oil-Free Facial Acne Moisturizer With Salicylic Acid, Pink Grapefruit, 4 Fl. Oz.
- 4 Clean & Clear ESSENTIALS Dual Action Moisturizer, 4 Ounce
- 5 Natural Face Moisturizer Cream 4oz Advanced Healing 10-in-1 Non Greasy Formula
- 6 Radha Beauty Retinol Moisturizer Cream for Face and Eye Area 1.7 Oz – With Retinol, Hyaluronic Acid, Vitamin e and Green Tea. Night and Day Moisturizing Cream
- 7 Burt’s Bees Natural Acne Solutions Daily Moisturizing Lotion, 2 Ounces
- 8 Conclusion:
You, like many others, have probably struggled with acne at least once in your life. For those who have it more often, trying nearly every product to solve the issue just becomes part of life. I always struggled finding the best moisturizer for acne.
Your face is something you should be able to be proud of, not embarrassed about, and acne makes that very difficult. The frustration of testing out many brands and not seeing results can be devastating. Your acne keeps coming back, irritating and painful. Makeup and concealer may work sometimes, but this just ends up bringing more acne and clogging the pores.
So, what can you do? There’s apple cider vinegar, but this has a bad scent. Some recommend rubbing alcohol to dry the skin out and prevent acne, but this just increases oiliness over time. You can try to wash your face more often, but that’s inconvenient for people who are busy.
Choosing the Right Product:
Our skin is not just there to protect our organs, bones, and muscles. Since it interacts with our surroundings constantly, it also protects us against water loss and harmful pathogens. It also provides temperature regulation and insulation. Those with acne are worried about the appearance of their skin and keeping it clean and healthy is what will cause this effect.
They have trouble finding something that will leave their skin soft and hydrated without causing more acne or drying out their skin, leaving it dull and flaky. Let’s look at some quality products that will achieve this ideal state.
The 5 Best Moisturizers for Acne:
After your shower, you should slather on some type of hydrating moisturizer. These products work to seal in the existing moisture on your skin. A good product should contain proven, natural products to reduce signs of aging along with acne. In addition, it should be light enough to go on without leaving a greasy or heavy feeling on your face. Acne-prone skin is sensitive and easily irritated, so selecting a choice with a very light scent is ideal.
Considering those qualities, we’ve compiled a list of the best products. Here are some details on each.
Neutrogena Oil-Free Facial Acne Moisturizer With Salicylic Acid, Pink Grapefruit, 4 Fl. Oz.
Many people swear by Neutrogena cosmetics and products. There’s a reason why this company has become so successful; their products work! Acne-prone skin will thrive with this non-greasy, light moisturizer that gives the skin a refreshed feeling. This can be used daily without any breakouts or unnecessary and unappealing dryness.
- A Convenient Pump Function: In the morning, for those who rush to get ready, the pump function will be extra useful. No more tipping bottles and squeezing or unscrewing lids to use the product. You can even take it on the road if you need to use it while traveling.
- Easy Application: This moisturizer glides on easily. Just use half a pump, and it will leave your face moisturized with no greasy residue. Makeup can be added on immediately after. No more struggling to open lids or squeeze bottles without getting the cream on your hands or on the counter.
- SPF: A lot of people have a hard time finding the right sunscreen to use on their face. Especially for those with oily skin or acne problems, wearing sunscreen can seem impossible due to the greasy feeling most leave. But this can be worn without that problem. In fact, Neutrogena Oil-free Facial Acne Moisturizer doesn’t feel any greasier than Neutrogena products without sun protection.
Wear this moisturizer and enjoy sun protection for up to about an hour without breakouts. The cream goes on with a similar feeling to a nighttime moisturizer and has a nice scent to it. In addition, it doesn’t leave a burning feeling like other sunscreens. This product stands out on our list as it’s the only one that offers SPF.
Clean & Clear ESSENTIALS Dual Action Moisturizer, 4 Ounce
If you need help managing your acne, this will be a great choice. Before you apply it, make sure you have thoroughly cleansed your skin, then cover the whole affected area of your face in a thin layer. This can be applied between one and three times per day. When you’re new to this product, start with a single application and work your way up to two or three.
- Good for Sensitive Skin: Sensitive skin often doesn’t mix well with skincare products, but this option is mild enough for washing off dirt and makeup while also preventing breakouts.
- Won’t Overdry Skin: You shouldn’t have to choose between oily skin filled with blemishes or dry, dull skin that flakes. Use this, followed by a sensitive toner to ensure your face is totally clean and enjoy the great result. It won’t over-dry the skin, which can happen from some products, even for those with oilier skin.
- The Product Stretches far: Just a little bit of Clean and Clear’s ESSENTIALS Dual Action Moisturizer will go a long way. You don’t have to use too much and can spend just half a minute on washing your face and finish entirely clean. For this reason, the product will last a long time, and you won’t have to buy it again for a long while.
- A Nice, Light Scent: Facial skin can be easily irritated by fragrances, so going for a product that doesn’t have much of a scent is the safest bet for those with acne problems. This product has a pleasant, light smell and removes dirt and makeup without leaving your skin dehydrated and thirsty.
This moisturizer should only be used externally. Keep in mind that if you’re using other acne treatments immediately after or at the same time as this, it can increase irritation or skin dryness. If that happens, try switching back to only one at a time or asking your dermatologist what to do.
Natural Face Moisturizer Cream 4oz Advanced Healing 10-in-1 Non Greasy Formula
Natural Face Moisturizer Cream can lead to dramatic improvements in acne-prone, oily skin, wrinkle and fine lines, cracked or dry skin, stretch marks, acne scars, dermatitis, eczema, and sensitive, damaged skin. Made with organic Aloe Vera, coconut oil, Manuka honey, and more natural ingredients, this is the best facial cream for dry or oily skin.
- Skin Superfood: Skin health comes from getting enough essential minerals, vitamins, and amino acids. This will ensure that it looks and feels its best. This moisturizer is created with mostly organic, powerful food-grade vitamins, giving your skin amazing moisturizing and smoothing qualities.
- Reduces Oil on Skin: Some people have naturally oily skin and have to wash their face multiple times a day just to get to a normal oil level. This moisturizer can reduce oiliness within just a week or two. You don’t have to be self-conscious anymore.
- Protection and Improvement: This product works by nourishing and moisturizing not just the surface of the skin, but its base, as well. It also rejuvenates and repairs your old skin cells, reducing itching and pain and softening tough, dry skin.
- Circulation Improvement: Part of healthy looking skin is getting enough blood flow to the area. Natural Face Moisturizer Cream will improve your skin’s circulation, reducing redness and inflammation, and boost healing. It can also stimulate the new growth of cells.
If you use this moisturizer, you will be protected from harmful free radicals, have stronger skin fibers, and experience a more supple, toned skin. It also works to reduce wrinkles and lines by pumping up your skin cells. Get your youthful skin back by applying this faithfully, every day.
Radha Beauty Retinol Moisturizer Cream for Face and Eye Area 1.7 Oz – With Retinol, Hyaluronic Acid, Vitamin e and Green Tea. Night and Day Moisturizing Cream
This product can be used on all types of skin, old or young. It can be used both in the morning after waking up and at night before going to sleep. For extra effectiveness, you can use a vitamin C serum first followed by this.
- Stretches Far: You only need to use a little of this product to get the full effect. Even for deep wrinkles, this cream will go on the skin without leaving an oily residue and cause a noticeable difference to lines. It does all this at an affordable price and works better than the pricier creams on the market.
- Scar Reduction: Along with reducing lines and wrinkles, this cream can reduce the visibility of scars. Some scars have a pinched look to them and using this cream regularly will cause that to smoothen and become narrower.
- Can be Worn under Makeup: For those who prefer to wear makeup every day, this product can be put on before you put on your foundation for the day.
We’re all familiar with products that claim to do something and don’t, but this product does exactly what it says it will and won’t break the bank.
Burt’s Bees Natural Acne Solutions Daily Moisturizing Lotion, 2 Ounces
Burt’s Bees Natural Acne Solutions is created with a derivative of Willow Bark Extract, Salicylic Acid. This substance will penetrate your pores to both get rid of existing acne and prevent breakouts in the future. They also sell spot treatments, clarifying toner, pore scrub, and purifying cleanser which can be used together with the daily moisturizing lotion for added effectiveness.
- Skin Protection: This moisturizer was created with acne-prone skin in mind. It controls your skin’s oil production to help protect it against acne and other blemishes.
- Clinically tested: Rest assured that this product has been tested and proven to be safe and effective for your skin.
- Natural Ingredients: In addition to the Willow Bark Extract derivative, Burt’s Bees Natural Acne Solutions Daily Moisturizing Lotion contains hops, goldenseal, hazel, and lemongrass, which all work for calming and soothing irritated skin. The 99 percent natural moisturizer will keep your face healthy-looking, smooth, and clear of acne.
- No Dryness: Many acne sufferers are looking for a treatment for their blemishes that isn’t full of dryness-causing chemicals. This lotion is great for that and smells great without causing greasiness. Just a single pump is enough to cover your entire face. For those who have a hard time with chemicals, this natural product is a good choice.
- A Light Formula: The product sinks into your skin immediately, leaving it soft, but without weighing it down or making it feel heavy or coated. For acne sufferers, this is a must in facial moisturizers, most of which leave the skin greasy.
The ingredients in this product help your cells turn over, creating new cells and a youthful look to your skin. It won’t clear away bacteria, but it does help cell growth. Use it before you go to sleep and it will keep your face feeling soft and moisturized.
Considering the qualities of each of the products on our list, Radha Beauty Retinol Moisturizer Cream is the clear winner on the list. You can’t go wrong with choosing any of these five products, but this one is especially effective at reducing scars and fine lines.
For those who prefer to have SPF in their moisturizer, the Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Moisturizer will be the best choice on the list.
Our bodies are made up of at least 75 percent water, so why does the skin get dry? Keep in mind that the skin can feel parched even when you moisturize it a lot. This is partly due to lifestyle choices and issues, but if you want to improve your skin’s water percentage, you should make sure that you are moisturizing within 30 seconds of drying off. Do this in combination with using a great moisturizer and your skin will look fantastic!